6th International Colloquium on Role-Playing Games Studies
From Simulation to Social Inclusion
Call for Papers
The Role-Playing Games Researcher Network and the Autonomous University of Yucatan, invite everyone to participate in the 6th International Colloquium on Role-Playing Games Studies.
- Abstract mailing deadline: : May 20, 2022.
- Evaluation mailing: July 20, 2022.
- Paper mailing deadline: September 9, 2022.
- Online and on-site presentations: November 17 and 18, 2022. Anthropological Sciences building, Autonomous University of Yucatan.
- Submitting proposal and selection process:
A) Open to any person interested in the topic.
C) The proposal must contain:
- Title of the presentation.
- University, Institution, or another adscription, for each author.
- Email, perauthor.
- VII. State.
- VIII. Abstract, 300 to 500 words.
- Research area (see Section D).
- Keywords (3 to 5).
D) The proposal must indicate the research area it adheres to, selected from the following list:
- Anthropology and Sociology
- Cultural Studies
- Psychology and Pedagogy
- Art and Philosophy
- Literature and Narrative
- Communication and Cultural Management
- Content Design and Development
- History of Role-Playing Games in Mexico and the World
E) The organizing committee will notify the candidates of the evaluation results by email from July 22, 2022,
F) If the proposal is accepted, the participation will consist of a article format and an online/on-site conference (November 17th and 18th, 2022).
G) Both the article and the presentation must correspond to the registered proposal and include the following sections:
- Introduction (brief, stating the objectives of the research).
- Theoretical and/or methodological approach (brief, presenting the theoretical assumptions that guide the research, as well as methodological tools and categories of analysis).
- Results (detailed explanation of the fundamental findings and presentation of the scope and limits of the investigation).
- Conclusions (brief and with final considerations).
H) The document must be presented in a Word file [version 97 or later] with an extension of 4000 to 6000 words (without considering references and annexes), in Arial font, size 12 with 1.5 line spacing. The rules of style, citations and references will be in accordance with those stipulated in the APA Publication Style Manual (7th edition).
I) The presentation must focus on the segments mentioned in Section G and have a maximum duration of 20 minutes. The presentation will be followed by a short period of questions and answers.
- General aspects:
J) The reception of proposals does not imply their acceptance.
K) The evaluation of the proposals will be carried out by well-known people in the academic field with a Doctorate degree and knowledge in role-playing games in a double-blind format.
L) Research and teamwork can lead to more than one proposal. However, it cannot be fragmented without responding to the sections indicated in the previous points.
M) When a proposal is signed by several researchers, it will appear in the minutes of the colloquium with the order of authorship that has been proposed in the paper and article.
N) Certificates will only be issued to those people who have been accepted in the colloquium, made the presentation, and sent their complete article by the deadline.
O) Only the presentation of a paper as the first author will be accepted, but the same person may sign as second or third author up to a maximum of three papers.
P) The proposal of the papers that will be presented at the 6th International Colloquium on Role-Playing Games Studies will be sent in advance via email to its participants and the final program will be announced to the public.