The Role-Playing Games Researcher Network (RIJR for its Spanish acronym) and the Universidad Autónoma de Baja California, Mexicali campus, invite everyone to participate in the 5th International Colloquium of Role-Playing Game Studies; which will take place on the 12th and 13th of November, 2020 in the Universidad Autónoma de Baja California, Mexicali campus, according to the following guidelines:
The acceptation process and the paper presentation will be as follows:
a) Students, professionals, academics of all areas, people with practical experience or studies in role-playing games, as well as general public interested in the topic can participate.
b) If the proposal is accepted, the participation will consist of a 20 minutes presentation, and a paper with an extension between 15 and 20 pages in an adequate format for its possible publication (described below). Both contributions must correspond to the registered proposal.
c) The proposals must be registered at the online address https://academiadelrol.org.mx/index.php/coloquio-2020/registro2020. To finish the registration of the proposal it is necessary to register in the webpage of the RIJR as a researcher in the section “Join us” o in the address: https://academiadelrol.org.mx/index.php/unete. The organizing committee will be in charge of submitting the proposals to the evaluation committee.
d) The proposals must be registered with the following information:
I. Title of the presentation.
III. University, institution or group of affiliation, per author.
IV. Email, per author.
IX. Abstract, between 300 and 500 words.
X. Line of research (See section h).
XI. Key words, between 3 and 5.
e) The evaluation of the proposals, both for the presentation and possible publication, will be performed by recognized PhD’s in the academic field and knowledge of role-playing games in a double-blind format.
f) The receipt of the proposal for presentation and article does not imply its acceptance.
g) The organizing committee will notify the candidates of the evaluation during the corresponding dates via e-mail.
h) The proposals must clarify the research line according to the following list:
- Literature and Narrative.
- Pedagogy and Didactics.
- Gender Studies.
- Cultural Management and Creation of Audiences.
- Psychology and Communication.
- Art and Philosophy.
- Role-Playing Games’ History in Mexico and in the world.
- Sociology and Anthropology.
- Content Design and Development.
- General topics.
- To propose a new line.
i) All the final papers must include, the following sections for a possible publication in the order given below:
- Introduction (concise, posing the objectives of the research),
- Theoretical or methodological approximation (brief, exposing the theoretical assumptions that guide the research, the methods, and categories of analysis).
- Results (a detailed explanation of the main findings and an exposition of the reach and limits of the investigation).
- Conclusions (brief, with final considerations).
j) Style norms, citation and references shall be in accordance with those stipulated in the APA publications style manual, in a Word file (97 or later versions), with an extension between 15 and 20 pages (without considering bibliography and annexes) in a format with 12 points Arial font and 1.5 line spacing. (click here to download the template).
k) The oral presentation should emphasize on the items described in section i), and have a maximum duration of 20 min., accompanied by a short question session.
l) Research and work from a team could lead to more than one contribution. However, it is not possible to split it without answering what is indicated in previous sections.
m) When a communication is signed by several researchers it will appear in the documents of the Colloquium in the order of authorship proposed in both the presentation and article.
n) Only those participants whose proposals have been accepted, have presented in the Colloquium and have sent their full articles before the deadline will receive a constancy of participation.
o) Only one proposal as a first author will be accepted per participant, although the same person can sign as a second or third author in a maximum of three proposals.
p) The abstract of the presentations that will be held in the 5th International Colloquium of Role-Playing Game Studies will be sent via e-mail to all the participants and announced publicly in the final program.
- Launch of the announcement: January 9th, 2020.
- Abstract mailing deadline: April 13th, 2020 at 23:59 hr. UTC/GTM -6 (Mexico City time).
- Evaluation mailing: Between May 15th and 17th, 2020.
- Paper mailing deadline: October 12th, 2020 at 23:59 hr. UTC/GTM -6 (Mexico City time).
- Oral presentation: November 12th and 13th, 2020 in Universidad Autónoma de Baja California, Mexicali campus.