5th International Colloquium of Role-Playing Game Studies.
Roleplaying’s role in the promotion of culture and reading
The Role-Playing Games Researcher Network (RIJR for its Spanish acronym) and the Universidad Autónoma de Baja California, invites everyone to participate in the 5th International Colloquium of Role-Playing Game Studies.
- Abstract mailing deadline: May 31th, 2021.
- Evaluation mailing: August 15th, 2021.
- Paper mailing deadline: October 15th, 2021.
- Oral and/or virtual presentation: October 28th and 29th, 2021 at the Universidad Autónoma de Baja California, Mexicali campus.
Acceptance process and paper presentation will be as follows:
A) Anyone with practical experience or studies in role-playing games, as well as general public interested in the topic can participate.
- B) The proposals must be registered via the online address https://academiadelrol.org.mx/index.php/coloquio-2020/registro2020, before May 31th, 2021. To finish the registration of the proposal it is necessary to register in the RIJR’s webpage as a researcher under the section “Join us” or using the address: https://academiadelrol.org.mx/index.php/unete.
- C) The proposals must be registered with the following information:
- Title of the presentation.
III. University, institution or group of affiliation, per author.
- Email, per author.
- Abstract, between 300 and 500 words.
- Line of research (See section D).
- Key words, between 3 and 5.
- D) The proposals must clarify the research line according to the following list:
- Literature and Narrative.
- Pedagogy and Didactics.
- Art and Philosophy.
- Sociology and Anthropology.
- Cultural Management and Creation of Audiences.
- Psychology and Communication.
- Gender Studies.
- Role-Playing Games’ History in Mexico and in the world.
- Content Design and Development.
- Role-Playing Games in Pandemic times
- Online Role-Playing.
- To propose a new line.
- E) The organizing committee will notify the candidates of the evaluation results via e-mail starting on August 15th, 2021.
- F) If the proposal is accepted, the participation will consist of a paper and an oral/virtual presentation (October 28th and 29th, 2021).
- G) Both contributions, paper and presentation, must correspond to the registered proposal. Both must include the following sections:
- Introduction (concise, posing the objectives of the research),
- Theoretical or methodological approximation (brief, exposing the theoretical assumptions that guide the research, the methods, and categories of analysis).
iii. Results (a detailed explanation of the main findings and an exposition of the reach and limits of the investigation).
- Conclusions (brief, with final considerations).
- H) Style norms, citation and references shall be in accordance with those stipulated in the APA (7th edition) publications style manual, in a Word file (97 or later versions), with an extension between 4000 to 6000 words(without considering bibliography and annexes) using a format of 12 points Arial font and 1.5 line spacing.
- I) The oral presentation should emphasize on the items described in section G), and have a maximum duration of 20 min., accompanied by a short question session.
- J) The receipt of the proposal for presentation and article does not imply its acceptance.
- K) The evaluation of the proposals, both for the presentation and possible publication, will be performed by recognized PhD’s in the academic field and knowledge of role-playing games in a double-blind format.
- L) Research and work from a team could lead to more than one contribution. However, it is not possible to split it without answering what is indicated in previous sections.
- M) When a communication is signed by several researchers it will appear in the documents of the Colloquium in the order of authorship proposed in both the presentation and article.
- N) Only those participants whose proposals have been accepted, have presented in the Colloquium and have sent their full articles before the deadline will receive a constancy of participation.
- O) Only one proposal as a first author will be accepted per participant, although the same person can sign as a second or third author in a maximum of three proposals.
- P) The abstract of the presentations that will be held in the 5th International Colloquium of Role-Playing Game Studies will be sent via e-mail to all the participants and announced publicly in the final program.
- R) All the proposals submitted since 2020 will be taken into account in the evaluation process.